View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Solution to Limit Tournament Crapshoot Structure- Comments Appreci

I think the issue is the doubling of the initial chip stack. This is what threw off the limit events, as anyone that played limit would tell you it would. Frankly, I would appreciate it if the players on the advisory com. would either look at the structure or make room for someone who would. Honestly, no one who is on there is really a structure person.

To compensate for the doubled intial stacks in the limit events it seems they will need a larger initial bring in/blind and have levels advance faster at first and then slow later in the tournament. But someone needs to do the math on what the precise compensation needs to be. Also, the later blind structure in the NL events seems not to allow enough play, but I think Harrah's did this intentionally to get more of a WTP type final table, with the coordinating cheaper production costs.

Players need to scream loud and long about this because this year is the only year there is a chance of changing this. Disappointing so few players went to the meeting with Pollack.