View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Hitting on Famous People

I can't believe you correctly picked Mellissa Etheridge so quickly. I'm hoping to sneak into no-man's-land.

This is a general advice situation, it doesn't matter who the person is, just that they are famous enough to require (I am assuming) a different appproach.

Oh, and yeah she's a guest (went to HS with the bride (my cousin) and groom), not a performer.

I don't think the "hi, so what's your name?" is going to work, because I'm sure everyone else there is going to be going all fanboy, so the idea that I don't know her will probably not be believable (or would that be surprising/intriguing, (as in, "wow, a guy without any preconceptions of me") I mean I can always play it off that I'm from New Hampshire, and we just got the internets).

I think the current projects discussion is a good one, she has probably talked about her past a million times, but is probably more passionate about the things she is planning to do.

I guess the idea of finding something via fan sites seems like it could work, but seems a little stalkerish to me... oh well, I'll probably get over it.