View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: A Supreme Court Ruling That Warms My Little Racist Heart

Affirmative action is complete [censored]. It doesn't do anyone any favors. It gives a minority a leg up that they don't deserve based on their actual performance. For instance, a kid that has horrible SAT scores still gets into college because he's a minority. Meanwhile, a white child with much higher scores doesn't get in to make room for the person that didn't "earn" their entrance. That kid then fails out because he didn't have the brains necessary to pass, etc.

It creates bad feelings all the way around. At my current job (i work for a very large company) minorities are ROUTINELY promoted that are much less deserving than their counterparts for the sole reason that they are a minority. These are college educated individuals that are clearly under-achieving compared to white coworkers, yet they get promoted. Why is this? They are college educated. How long must they get a leg-up on the rest of the workforce simply because of race? It is completely rediculous.

Lets do an experiment. You run a company that promotes based on race rather than performance. I will compete directly with you with a company that promotes solely on performance. My company won't care what your race is. If we are all white, so be it, if we are mixed, so be it. Which company do you think will be more successful. My guess is that mine would be 100% of the time, call me crazy for thinking the most qualified, successful workers would create the best company.

FWIW in my current job we have just promoted an obviously unqualified person to a position because of race. This person is quite likely going to fail. Does that help him? No. Does it help us? No. In the meantime, the entire office staff is pissed about the situation and we are quite likely going to lose some good workers due to their disgust over the situation. Tell me, what good has come of this situation?