View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Playing Against A Nemesis PLO8

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to solict some opinions from you guys about how to play against a nemesis opponent...I've played hundreds of thousands of hands of PLO8 over the past 14 months and have had a good amount of success so don't take this as a bitching and moaning bad beat post...

But against this one opponent I just can't seem to do anything right...Now he's a good player, which I won't take away from, but he seems to run like he has a horseshoe permanently stuck up his ass and I'm at my wits end in trying to figure out how to play against him...I've tried fast-playing strong draws/stong hands and slow-playing strong draws/strong hands and pretty much everything in between...But everytime we get involved in a big pot he ALWAYS gets the best of me to the point I have really no clue of how to play him...

Like tonite for example...I limped with QQ34 ds in MP and he raised from the blind...Now I was playing multiple tables and I didn't really put him on a hand at that point, but I'm like [censored] it I'm calling and am gonna try to flop a set and bust his ass (which he ALWAYS does to me, calls with a pair and dodges my draws)...Flop is a semi-beautiful QT8, 2 clubs...He bets pot into me and I INSTANTLY know he has AAxxcc...I raise pot and he goes all-in...I don't have to tell you what the turn peeled off and the river didn't peel off...If the situation was reversed I would pretty much guarantee the result would have been different...Now yeah if I put him on that I probably should have peeled, but I FINALLY had him on the ropes...

Any suggestions of how to play against a guy who holds over you would be greatly appreciated...

[/ QUOTE ]

I play HU sit n gos but i have the same problem. This guy has the nuts when i have the 2nd nuts, he overplays draws and consistently catches them, and he never folds a set.
If i have the 2nd nut low draw and the nut flush, he catches a boat, and the low never comes, etc... (ok you get it.)
The worst part about it is that this guy wins 95% of every preflop all-in we have, regardless of how big of a favorite i am. It's really sick. I even thought he was somehow cheating at one point but then i realized he'd consistently get his money in bad and suck out.[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].. but i guess it's just one of those things.
And he thinks he's good, that's the most amusing thing.
My advice would be to play him the way you would play anyone, with your main goal being to make as much money as possible.

Eventually his b.s. will stop and the horseshoe will get removed from his arse... just like how it will happen to the donk i've been having trouble with.