View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Can relationship trust be regained?

She is just trying to let you down easy by telling you she “has feelings” for him and “only kissed,” him. This is the classic chick bluff. Trust me, she banged him. Sorry. Chicks will always lie about it when they cheat (unless caught in the act) because otherwise they are basically admitting, out loud, that they are an untrustworthy [censored]. They try to protect their reputation at all costs. It sucks, I know, but the sooner you warm to this reality the sooner you will be better off and on your way towards happiness. Break it off with her now and maintain at least some of your pride. She is obviously a confused individual if she is engaged to you and still, at least, making herself emotionally available to other men. Also, there is nothing you could have done to prevent her from doing this. She took advantage of your trust in her. It didn’t mean shyt to her that you trusted her.

Look at it this way, at least you didn’t marry and have kids with her. I know that is a small consolation now, but trust me…in a few years when you are over this you will be so glad. I was in a similar situation as you a few years ago. I will never forget this one piece of advice given to me from a guy who has been married for 20+ years. “They say life is short when you’re having fun, right? Well not if you’re with the wrong woman….because then it will feel like a long, miserable life.”