Thread: 110 NLTRN
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: 110 NLTRN

[ QUOTE ]
Given the first couple of hands shown here (all major pots played so far) do you like a lead or a check raise?

******* Hand 4 ********

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t10/t20
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: t1150
hero: t1850

Pre-flop: (2 players) hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t60</font>, hero calls t40 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t80)</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t120, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets t120</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t380</font>, SB calls t260 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t620)</font>.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t880, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: t880

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I just don't know it.

1. You can chicken out and fold if he bets. No problem, you still have much chips left.

2. Or you basically put him all-in and gamble he doesn't have and ace or king+better kicker, but is on a draw or tilting.

This is how I read his play:
He raises preflop: he has a good hand
He bets pot on the flop: he has a not so good hand
He calls your raise: he has a good hand.

I don't know what to do with that.

Maybe his potbet on the flop is because he knows you will call anyway.
Maybe his call of your flopraise is because he's tired of getting pushed around.

You raised the flop because you think you have the best hand and he is on a draw. Do you think he has an ace? Of not, put him all-in.

Let's gamble!