View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: NL25 AK, stupid villain

A couple tough spots here. I'm leading flop, though, probably for $3.50. I think you have to defend against the flush draw. If someone has AQ, as you fear, I thing you'd find out in a hurry. I don't see how when it gets checked to the CO who bet's a quarter, you "know" your AK is good. Any of the villains who checked could be planning a c/r as well, or the CO may be just trying to incite a raise.

When your raises gets smooth called by the two players behind you, that is scary, but I think you have to lead turn next, too. Otherwise you look like you just made a move on the flop, and are weak. By c/c the .25 bet, you're letting the flush draw see essentially a free card, too - not good.

I think we're behind on the river here - not necessarily a flush though. You never really got any information as to whether someone was hanging around with AQ or even another 2 pair/set. If I'm in UTG+1, I don't put you on a flush here at all, with you c/c a .25 bet on the river. You look awfully weak there on the last 2 streets.