View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Tony G - Not Just TV

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Not really, he probably just did it as a PR move. Maybe if he didn't give so many people a reason to not like him, he would find himself getting the benefit of the doubt in situations like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think taunting other players is wrong in any way. It's part of the game and Tony is very good at it. I'm not aware of Tony doing any of the things that are really dirty, like colluding, shorting chips, taking pots he didn't win, etc. etc. The worst thing he does sometimes is talk to people who are in a hand when he's not in the hand.

ps. but you're right, I guess a lot of people don't like him cuz of his talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

No the worse thing he does (since I haven't heard stories of him stealing chips or anything extremely unethical) is not his talk but when he berates players even after they have busted because he induces them to make a bad move. It's one thing to trash talk against players still in the tournament but it's another when you harass them after they bust out (see Ralph Perry and many others).

Anyways, if what John says its true, and TStoneMBD says another thing when he had sat at the table, does that mean someone is lying about it or just getting the events mixed up?