View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Little brag with a good lesson

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What was the pre-flop action. If this was a raised pot then I hate the slow play on the flop and turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is obviously a limped pot, the hero has 23o.

I would bet .25, bet .75, and then shove personally, but as long as you shove the river its all fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah sorry, as I said, no converter. Was indeed just myself and the BB. I'm always completing in that spot, not too worried about that .05 (although after this little beaut I guess I'm good for the next ~200 completions).

In any case, bet .25 on the flop? I don't get that part. Only if Villian has a J or is really LAGy (no reads) does the flop bet do anything for us here.

Leading the turn would be fine (though I suspect if we change your flop play, the turn might change as well). I can see leading just as well as c/r after his flop bet.

The river is honestly my biggest concern. Certainly I was able to take advantage of a cooler and get all the moneys, but really, when are we getting folded too here. I can't decide. I've seen plenty of people bluff the flop their and the turn min-reraise is ALWAYS getting called (Villians will almost never fold to a reraise, they'll wait for the river bet so it looks like they didn't get caught). Knowing that this is a possibility (I've been playing for 3-4 years and I view it as such), are we still justified in pushing here?

Edit: Flop was rainbow by the way, not sure why I forgot that little detail, so it was pretty much 92% safe, barring a J).

Cody