View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 03:58 AM

Default Little brag with a good lesson

I know this has been discussed before, but it's worth repeating to anyone that doesn't know.

In the process of rebuilding a roll (never loaning money again [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). Playing mostly 10NL.

Can't use converter so here goes.
Hero (SB) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ~$10
Villian (BB) ~9.5

Flop 3-3-J
Hero checks, Villian bets .30

Turn 6
Hero checks, Villian bets .55, Hero raises to 1.10, Villian calls

River 3
Hero goes to check then remembers lessons from 2+2 and years of playing "10NL players cannot and will not EVER fold a full house".
Hero reconsiders, shoves, Villian insta-calls, Jacks full no good obviously.

I was going to check/bet pot on the river. I find that the turn minraise (and I hate minraises) usually gets a 1/2-3/4 pot call on the river, it's almost as if Villian is trying to make sure he's not getting bullied. Then on the river, if he got the hand we think he does, and he follows the rules (Full house=nuts no matter what) then a shove is the only correct move.

On the other hand, obviously a shove kills our action from most decent players here (nothing in the pot compared to the bet, minraise on the turn not likely a J, most of us fold right). So was this stricktly a cooler or was this a trip to valuetown because I figured he wouldn't fold.

Also, the turn minraise, good or bad? We're going to have to tip our hand eventually, and the minraise is 99% getting called there. That builds the pot for the river lead (push when the case 3 peels). Should I c/r earlier (I can't see this being good) or just stick to the line of calling the flop, building the turn, valuing the river?

Cody