View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Two Against One at Bellagio

I thought this was an interesting hand at Bellagio 30-60. Roy Cooke seemed intrigued by it anyway, although he wasn't involved. Actually, everyone at the table was interested by the time the hand was over.

I open raise with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP, a table-changing tilted lady calls, and Danny (I think his name was) calls on the button. The blinds fold and the flop comes:

A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, lady calls, Danny raises, I 3-bet, lady calls, Danny 4-bets, I cap, and the lady calls. Turn is:

[A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, lady calls, Danny raises, I 3-bet, lady calls, Danny 4-bets, I cap, and the lady calls. River is:

[A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, lady flashes Ace/rag of diamonds and folds. Danny raises, I call. Danny of course has the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and we all talk about the hand for a few moments.

Here's what I thought was interesting in thinking back about the hand. In the end there were 30 BB's in the pot with three players, and I think the only mistake on the only street was my bet on the river. That is, everyone played the hand correctly. How often does that happen in a 30 BB pot? I don't think too often.

As described above, the betting was furious and by the river, I have to say I thought the club missed Danny. In retrospect, I think it was a mistake, but a couple others I talked to have said it wasn't a bad bet.

Without quibbling over whether the lady should have folded/raised preflop, or whether Danny's call on the button was the best play, would anyone disagree that the hand was played properly by all on every street? I can't seem to find any mistakes.

Thanks.