View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Playing Against A Nemesis PLO8

I just wanted to solict some opinions from you guys about how to play against a nemesis opponent...I've played hundreds of thousands of hands of PLO8 over the past 14 months and have had a good amount of success so don't take this as a bitching and moaning bad beat post...

But against this one opponent I just can't seem to do anything right...Now he's a good player, which I won't take away from, but he seems to run like he has a horseshoe permanently stuck up his ass and I'm at my wits end in trying to figure out how to play against him...I've tried fast-playing strong draws/stong hands and slow-playing strong draws/strong hands and pretty much everything in between...But everytime we get involved in a big pot he ALWAYS gets the best of me to the point I have really no clue of how to play him...

Like tonite for example...I limped with QQ34 ds in MP and he raised from the blind...Now I was playing multiple tables and I didn't really put him on a hand at that point, but I'm like [censored] it I'm calling and am gonna try to flop a set and bust his ass (which he ALWAYS does to me, calls with a pair and dodges my draws)...Flop is a semi-beautiful QT8, 2 clubs...He bets pot into me and I INSTANTLY know he has AAxxcc...I raise pot and he goes all-in...I don't have to tell you what the turn peeled off and the river didn't peel off...If the situation was reversed I would pretty much guarantee the result would have been different...Now yeah if I put him on that I probably should have peeled, but I FINALLY had him on the ropes...

Any suggestions of how to play against a guy who holds over you would be greatly appreciated...