View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: 50 NL- A6 Turns Trips, now what?

Some thoughts... I should have included more in the original post, I was still playing, sorry I won't do that anymore. Also I am not sure this was post worthy either but whatever.

Preflop-
Folding is definitely standard. Against these opponents, specifically UTG, I think I can get away with raising this. If need be I'd no problem folding the trip aces or even a 2 pair hand if it really seemed to dictate it.

Flop-
Calling might be better, I'd usually just call here but recently I have really been hating the spots it puts me in on the turn when he bets again. I tried a raise, I actually like it in this spot occasionally, if he bet out on the turn again I'd fold here I think. I would have made note if his limping range included big hands but I had nothing like that so I am pretty sure that 15% includes his big hands from this position, he's not limping AJ+ (Unfortunately I think that includes the hands I really get value from here KK+QQ).

Turn-
I like a check here if I think he will fire at the river (His river aggression was ~1). This also allows me to showdown and not bloat the pot more. In the unlikely case he has a draw though a turn check sucks. If I bet turn and get called I am praying he checks river. This is a rare instance but I'd really hate this spot if I called flop and he fired again on the turn I think I'd have to muck and hate it.

River-
I am looking to get about a 2/3 pot bet in somewhere on the turn or river. If I check the turn I think I could expect a Q to pay me off a reasonable amount of the time. Of course if he does have a draw I let him play his hand well.

Thoughts?