View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Please help me goad Stars into some very necessary changes

I like how Stars has changed their blind structure for all of the 3k chip events, but as many others have said (numerous 2+2ers sweating Bond @ Bellagio), Stars is now slacking behind FullTilt when it comes to tournaments.

Here are some things that I feel are absolutely vital that Stars hasn't implemented yet, and FullTilt has.

1) Ability to register for all tournaments hours in advance in the same manner that the Daily $50k and $100k tournaments offer registration. Tournament players should not have to allocate time towards checking the Stars lobby every 20 minutes while 10-tabling to make certain not to forget registering for a certain tournament. I fail to see how making such a decision is for the detriment of Stars, as it makes things better for the player and drives more rake for the site from people who would have otherwise forgotten to register while mult-tasking.

2) Auto-rebuys and addons in rebuy tournaments. This one is just an absolute must, as the convenience of the auto double rebuy through FullTilt trumps the inferior software of Stars. Numerous people dont even double rebuy in tournaments because they can't click fast enough. This is another simple software implementation that would further boost prizepools and player involvement.

The following I feel are less necessary than the prior two suggestions, but still would help Stars overall.

- Higher antes, like in the recently changed Sunday Million. Tournaments everywhere live and on all other online sites use a higher ante structure, so I can't understand how Stars can conceivably promote themselves as the best tournament website when their ante structure is half of what would be deemed "normal".

- More guarantees everywhere. This kind of goes without saying.

Those are the only things I can think of for now, please pitch in some other suggestions that I may have forgotten. But it has been far too long for Stars to still have these bits of software still going on.