View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Am I the only non-smoker who thinks \"smoking bans\" are a bunch of

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, so it's a matter of how much money one makes? If the waitress is paid enough, it would be OK to smoke in a bar?

How much, then, is "enough?" And why isn't the waitress capable of determining that for herself, even though the "skilled" pai gow dealer *is* capable of determining that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only brought up "high" paid, skilled, good looking people to point out that they have more choices available as to where they work. They have more freedom to leave one hostile work environment for an environment more suitable to them. My not feeling sorry for higher paid employees has nothing to do with my arguments, which I’ve stated numerously, but will state again:

Allow the disgruntled employee a chance to change things herself. If you do that, then there is no problem. Give bar owners the freedom to innovate ( give all business men the freedom to innovate ). Beer and wine licenses are a dime a dozen. 20 years ago, in this area, you wouldn’t find a single beer and wine bar that was non-smoking, now, most of them are. Nobody put a gun to their heads.
In this area there isn’t a single liquor bar that is non - smoking. With very expensive, limited licenses, nobody is willing to change the years old status quo, and a waitress that has a problem with smoking is not allowed to go across the street and open up her own liquor bar. A poker dealer is not allowed by law to establish her own non-smoking poker room, and the stoner employee is not allowed to grow marijuana on his property and sell it on E-bay. If opening a business were as easy here, as say, Hong Kong, then I wouldn’t have an argument.