View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Let\'s take this street by street...

Is it wrong to just want to fold immediately?

Of course we can't do that, but it's sorely tempting...this is an absolutely awful flop for black aces vs. 3 opponents, even when two of them are pretty much ATC types.

My initial reaction is to call the flop raise & bet/fold a "safe" turn card, not that there are too many of those, unless of course that "safe" turn card is an ace (then bet/call, maybe bet/3bet/call if it's the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], check/call for the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]). From your read it seems unlikely that Button will raise again on the turn without a hand that beats your aces, assuming that you beat the other two anyway. If the turn is ugly, i.e. a non-A heart or another straight card, I can definitely see check/folding unless maybe it's the latter, Button bets, and the other two fold.

3-betting the flop just seems like spewage as, even if you're currently best, you get drawn out on often & never get rid of any opponents by doing so and Button could potentially cap for the free card. Folding immediately, as I said, is tempting but just weak.

Checking a safe turn card seems like a bad idea as Button will often take the free card with a hand that doesn't beat you but has outs to do so.