View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: People and things that infuriate you way LESS than they should

This is way off topic, but I've noticed it: service in the US is far inferior to what I get here in Canada. I can count on one hand the number of times in my life I've had an order at a fast food place screwed up.

When I've been to the States, the waiters & waitresses have been surly, unapologetic and basically useless, and that's pretty universal. I remember one case where we gave a waitress a credit card, and she was gone under a minute, and claimed it would not authorize. We paid cash, called the bnak, and they said no transactions had been attempted.

Anyway, back on topic: transit delays don't bother me. I take the subway & a commuter train, and there's pretty regular delays, especially on the commuter train. Car accidents, medical emergencies, breakdowns in the winter. Doesn't bother me in the least. I have a nap or read my book, while everyone around me is freaking out about being 20 minutes late getting home.

Traffic delays enrage me, though. I hate sitting in my car while idiots act like idiots on the highway. <- This could fully explain my lack of anger at transit issues. It's soooo much better than the alternative.