View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: People and things that infuriate you way more than they should

[ QUOTE ]
edit -- oh, and to add to the thread...anyone who opens a cell phone during a movie for any reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to a movie this past weekend for the first time in months. During the "commercials" part, they played literally 4-6 different "Please turn off cell phones" bits, including one featuring Forest Whitaker. I was dumbfounded. How can you think telling a mouthbreathing retard to turn off his cell four times won't work, but the fifth time will? How can Cingular possibly expect to generate more revenue by paying Forest Whitaker a [censored] of money than they could by plugging that same money into an index fund?

All these "please turn off your cell" ads just got me angrier and angrier, and as they went on, I turned to my gf and said, "Can you believe this? What an incredibly stupid waste of time when they could be making successful ads, starting the movie earlier, whatever." She didn't really respond, and right as the lights dimmed for the opening credits, she took her cell phone out of her purse and turned it off. [censored] me.