View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 10:26 PM

Default How should I have played this?

My first attempt at a post and im kinda new to omaha so go easy on me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12 players left in a 5$ freeze tournament where 10 places pay, im 4th in chips with 10k, villain is chipleader 15k or so, 2 players have below 500 in chips and blinds are 100/200.

Villain raise 400
1 call
1 fold
Hero Call on the button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB call
BB fold

flop

Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain bets pot 1800, 1 Fold, Hero re-raise Pot, SB fold, He puts me all-in and I call. He shows 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn is a 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] river K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and im out.

I dont like busting out whith 2 players below 500 and the payout so close, I know you should play for first but..
Calling pf ok or do I re-raise? should i have just called the flop? If so what do I do if the turn is a scarecard and he makes a big bet again?