View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Are there any laws against online gambling in Canada?

slim,

My speculation would be that since the Visa is in US$, they are trying to voluntarily take precautions against online gaming transactions (in line with the online gaming bill)

Obviously in my view, this is bs. So, here is how I would handle it:

1) Let your bank know you like to file a complaint. According to the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC): "All banks, retail associations and federal trust, loan and insurance companies must, by law, have a complaint-handling process in place for consumers." See: http://www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/eng/consu...ts/default.asp

2) If that doesn't work, tell your bank you intend to file a complaint with the FCAC. That should get their attention REAL quick and process your transaction immediately.

I'm not advocating being a dick. But frequently ppl are not quick to tell you the obligations an institution have to you and also your rights afforded by our government.... much similar to the good old "sorry we don't offer refunds" .. where upon closer inspection of our laws, the sales of goods act affords us the condition of "merchantibility" (subject to a bunch of stuff) that merchants can not excempt themselves from (i.e. saying no refunds is pointless).

Hope this helps,

Roadstar