View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 02:27 PM

Default Re: $60s - lvl 1 - the limping revolution will not be televised

[ QUOTE ]
I'll limp this a small percentage of the time, but given your big stack early, I might standard raise this puppy from the CO. How did you get that big stack? Is your image a good one, or a LAG one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I flopped a set on the first hand. Villain had KQ for TP.

But my point about raising is I don't want to get the blinds all riled up and defensive now, thinking I'm picking on them for their measly chips, since I will want to be stealing from them later. I'll end up getting a spite push at BB150 because of some [censored] I started in lvl 1. A lot of these guys don't think "20 chips, let it go". They watch a lot of WPT and think you have the defend your blinds, no matter how small. Can't send a message that you're a wuss who won't defend.

Also I don't want the blinds, I want to stack someone. I hit a OE straight/backdoor flush draw, and villain is weakly betting his top pair, I have a decent chance to take a lot of his chips if I hit.

That's the thinking anyway.

To be honest my gut tells me there are a lot of things that can go wrong with facing 2-3 limpers in a small pot. I just really don't like raising there. Maybe I should just fold.