View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: 4/180 Challenge Tonight at 8:00 PM EST

LOL, I sign up for two tiers this time and go on sick tilt.

I've really enjoyed some of these challenges and I have some thoughts and suggestions.

1) EURO challenge
For us euro players, playing from 2am until 5am tuesday night is not very cool. I can only play the challenge because I don't work at the moment. Is a EURO challenge totally out of the question? It could be nice to try to have a EURO challenge along the US challenge and see if it could attract a decent sized field.

2) Bounties.
We talked about it on AIM. One suggestion was to put a bounty on last weeks champ in each of the 4 tourneys (if he participates in the challenge, that is). If he's taken out of the tourney by a 2p2'er, $5 (or was it $10?) will be taken out of tier one and paid out as bounty.

3) Moving to FTP.
I thought about this when someone complained about having to pushbot relatively early in the tourney. I've played the FTP 90 player double stack SnG's and they allow for alot of play and I must admit that I like that.
They don't fill up as fast as a 4/180, but with ~20 2p2 runners at peak hours, that probably won't be too much of an issue. I think it's something to at least try and see how it works out. It's more fun to play some funky pots with some funny hands, than waiting for 99 or AK so you can push all in over an LP raise. I think it could be fun to try to a challenge in the FTP 5/90 DS format.

That's just some thought's I had about the challenge. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the 4/180 challenge, but I think there may be room for some improvement or at least to try some new stuff out.

Later

--
Christian H aka Vangede4Life