View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: \"I Check / Raise In the Dark.\" Is the Raise Binding?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want to comment on MGM - I believe they have the best floor staff in LV today. I have has similar experiences at MGM where floor not only gives a rule to a hypothetical, but is gracious enough to explain why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally try to avoid speculating on hypotheticals. If someone seem to truly have an interest I will talk with them about it, but I have found that at least 75% of the time when someone has a "hypothetical" they are changing around a story that actually happened to them (most likely in the same room) and they want the floor to tell them the floorman that made the ruling was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been away a while; is that you, Randy Re? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I understand the concern with hypos, but in this case, there was no prior real-life scenario. And much more concerning was the floor's complete lack of conviction.

But I think there are some interesting hypotheticals here, and I'm not ashamed to say that I don't know the "standard" ruling in many cases. For example, the whole "You bet I'll shove" situation.

Thanks for posting.