View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

ok, some more answers:

1) Performance can't even be compared between the two. It is written in C# 2.0, everything is multi threaded, I have ripped apart and redesigned the entire database many times to ensure performance is good with insanely large DB's etc.

2) You'll see an Income tab that is exactly that. It combines cash results with Tourney Winnings, Rakeback, Bonuses, manual entry of live games etc

3) Don't worry about filtering the import based on # players - just import everything and then filter later if you need to. You don't have to worry about huge DB's any more. Also, if the game suddenly goes to 3 handed you'll be happy that the HUD starts weighing the sample of hands with 3 players higher giving you more accurate data to work with.

4) Not sure about the pricing model - I don't really like subscription fees for a "stand alone" product. I'll need to work this out and maybe even put it out to a poll if I can't decide!

5) I'm pretty sure most SSNL and up players made their money back with Poker Tracker / PA HUD within days of buying it.

6) I'm not going to do anything that the sites don't like - for excample, the HUD will not have any calculations. It will just show information. So, you will know that xyz player raises unopened on the button 47% of the time and folds to a 3-bet 61% of the time but it will not tell you to raise with abc range of hands.

7) Credit Card / Paypal / Neteller will be there 100%. Party Poker transfer will very likely be there. Stars transfer will not. I'll probably add some other common Poker Transfer modalities as well. Will try to make this easy.

8) BB = Big Blind. HM is for all forms of Hold'em but you definately get a lot more value out of it with NL and NL tourney's due to a lot of the stats that focus on big pots (3/4 bet and more that I can't really talk about yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

9) No Omaha, sorry. However importing Omaha winnings into the Income tab should be ok.

10) No Sklansky buck calculations at this point. Hopefully PokerEV will support HM but otherwise it will be something I add at a later date.

rvg