View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

'I love PokerTracker, but it always worried me that something else comes out, no one continues to buy PT new, so the PT staff has no income, so they quit updating the software to handle the new hand histories.'

Well yes, but think I bought PT for $55 or something and got PAHUD free as I'd donated some $$ for its development. I don't know what the ROI for those products has been but it would make investing in MS stock as a start up poor by comparison I would expect, so we can hardly claim we haven't long ago had our monies worth out of them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If this is anywhere near as good as it looks then how long would it take to earn back say $100 or whatever anyway?

Just spending a day importing our PT DB and analysing them with the new tools would easily be worth $100 IMHO, nm once our HUD's start showing 3-betting ranges etc

One thing that the OP needs to do is make sure that the sites are happy to 'white list' the software for use like almost all of them do with PT and PO.

I would be very careful about building in any bespoke compatability with server-based datamining apps for example as use of these is in clear breach of TOS for most sites.

Oh and another important issue - try to make it easy to pay for - not just credit cards but by way of site transfers, NT (or equivalents) etc. Many folks literally keep poker money separate and psychologically view spending $100 of their 'real money' differently from $100 of their poker winnings.