View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: WSOP Moving to Caesars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You better tell that Group that Appolo Capital and Texas Pacific are in line first, they are awaiting regulatory approval in some markets (I recalled that they already received approval in Vegas but i cannot find any links), the investors have already approved the deal - its one of the largest leveraged buyout deals in history.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhhh ok. I'm talking about them buying WSOP, not Harrah's. Like Admo said, he's willing to bet Harrah's doesn't own WSOP next year. The group I'm talking about has the money to buy WSOP but not Harrah's.

Also thanks for fixing my rumor with news that is 7 months old that doesn't even apply to what I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of Jack Binion's interested in owning the WSOP don't you understand? Jack Binion is a partner with Texas Pacific, do you really think he is going to let it go lightly?

Odd little fact I just discovered, TPG acquired MGM in 2005. Kerkorian used to own MGM (he bought and sold it a few times, hence why he built MGM Grand). Very small world.

[/ QUOTE ]

BRO - WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

TPG owns MGM MOVIE COMPANY - NOT MGM-MIRAGE.

MGM Mirage is owned by the public (including me) and 60% of the stock is owned by the Tracinda Corp., who general partner is Kirk Kerkorian.

Wow - that's bad TT.

As to the HET buyout, they could choose to keep WSOP status quo, if they like the bottom line revenue.

Moving WSOP to Caesar's Palace would be a complete disaster to that property. Small revenue, big headaches.

I could see a million dollar baccarat player getting cut in front of by Sam Grizzle!!!! Sweet.