View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: People and things that infuriate you way more than they should

[ QUOTE ]

ps: do you guys really have problems when you order a "large"? i almost always do because i don't go to starbucks enough to remember which is which and no one's ever given me crap about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't drink coffee, but when I'm traveling, I often go into Starbucks because my company has a wireless account through whatever provider Starbucks has. So I sit in Starbucks and watch the trim come and go. Good stuff.

The fun part of starbucks is when average dude ambles up to the counter and orders a coffee. Yes, they get "You mean xxxx?" when they order a coffee. Old dudes do not, however, get [censored] from the staff. Only middle aged dudes. The best interaction I've seen so far was in Northern Jersey, somewhere between Carlstadt and New York:

[Middle aged guy] Can I get a large coffee, black, two sugars, and I don't want the special blend or the featured grind.

[annoying counter girl] Ohhhhh, if you're just going to get plain coffee, you really should try Zambian Gold Hyachachacha Blend [name might not be totally accurate].

[Middle aged guy] No, I don't want that, I just want a plain large coffee with two sugars. That's all.

[annoying counter girl] You sure? Our Zambian Gold Hyachachacha Blend [name might not be totally accurate] is our best black blend and it's the featured blend this week. It's really yummy!

[Middle aged guy] [censored] this. I'll just [censored] get it at the gas station. Thanks. Thanks a [censored] lot.

[annoying counter girl] Sorry! Thanks for stopping in!