View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: The killing of Doc Brown....murder or self defense?

[ QUOTE ]

You propose an evil villain so dead set on killing you that he invents time travel to do you in and wonder why people give you the business?

[/ QUOTE ]

I posed the question because I wanted to gain some insight into how others veiwed "potential people". For instance, if you would choose to aquit a person who "killed Doc Brown in self defense". Would you also choose to aquit someone who traveled from the future to the present in order to kill an abortion doctor in "self defense"?

The entire story is a thought experiment. Thought experiments are allowed to have ridiculous conditions inorder to expidite a thought process. BTW there isn't anything in my post that says Doc Brown specifically created time travel to do someone in. I honestly don't know why Doc Brown invented the time machine. Perhaps its in that movie Back to the Future. If knowing the reason is that important to you go rent the movie, watch it, and report back to us why he invented a time machine. I doubt anyone else is really interested though. Its not really important to the thought experiment.

Stu