View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[ QUOTE ]
SK,

I think that regardless of what the facts of the situation turn out to be, it's pretty classless for WWE to react to the reports at this time w/ that release trying to distance their organization from any allegations of steroid use.

[/ QUOTE ]

ED when I first read the statement I was shocked too. My first reaction was that it was really classless and the wwe has been known to be involved in many tasteless angles throughout their history.

I am in no way defending the wwe here or trying to justify what they did because it was indeed classless, but if you know some of the inner workings of the business you will 'kinda' understand why they're doing this. Even as a billion dollar company they almost lost it all not too long ago when a steriod scandal rocked the company and the chairman Vince McMahon almost had to go to jail. They're trying to protect themselves because they are walking a very thin line and they know it. Something can come up and blow this wide open and the whole WWE empire could come crumbling down. They are not immune. A lot of legal counseling went into those statements.