Thread: HELP!!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: HELP!!

Your story is very similar to mine, but some key differences are i had to take time off from college not HS.

First things first. Are you even considering college? Even a degree from a [censored] state school like University of Delaware can be a huge help when getting a job. Worst comes to worst, try getting a community college degree but you need something to fall back on.

I went bust 12k at FTP one night and the next night went to the Borg and blew 20k live....almost all of my poker money.

I have never really gotten back from that. Sometimes Ill deposit 600 at ftp run it up to 4k and then bust. Mentally, I cant play low limits because it feels like a waste of time and maybe my ego plays a role. Taking a step and looking at it I must have blow threw almost another 7k just depositing and going bust, but when you do it 600 at a time it doesn't seem like a big deal.

My advice is either a get some job to get yourself into a routine. Even if its minimum wage do it for at least a month so you are out and about. As for your depression, anyone would be when they lose a huge amount of cash. I studied pysch at penn and let me tell you, data shows daily excercise helps the mind state just as much as any of these millions of pysch pills, plus we dont really know if these things might have serious long term effects yet.

After working and saving for awhile, then being to take another shot. Loss chasing is the worst.
I know it is almost impossible to quit poker like this and it will be tough, but try to not play at all for awhile. If you have any other hobby at all focus on that while ur off from work.
GL