Thread: MGM ruling
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: MGM ruling

Here are the most common rules that I am aware of.

1. Showing your hand to a live player will result in immediately showing your hand to the table, tourney or cash. In a tourney, you may face a time out penalty after the hand. In a cash game, it is -EV for you to do this so there is no penalty but if you continually do it, you may be asked to leave.

2. Showing your hand to a non-live player will result in showing the rest of the table after the hand is over (however, only if another player complains). In a tourney, you may face a time out penalty after the hand. In a small stakes cash game, this can usually be let go, especially between friends. And it depends on the situation. For example, UTG raises, friend 1 folds, friend 2 shows friend 1 his hand and folds. This is really minor. However, if a hand is played for a street or two and somebody folds showing a stranger beside him his great laydown, I would ask to see that hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Just for comedic value, Ill say that the idiot open pushed $500 into the $100 pot on a Jxx flop even though we all knew what he had. Obviously someone calls if they have him beat and folds other wise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is this a bad play? What's a better play? Checking it down and hoping you don't get outdrawn? Betting something like $50 would have been interesting since calculating implied odds has a new twist. Personally, I would have made the same push and if somebody had a set or some asnine Jx hand, then good for them. Otherwise, the only thing any opponent could have is a draw and the push takes away all odds for drawing.