View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Fire Jack Effel Now!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
and I also don't get how any self-respecting member of a "player committee" could allow it to happen without advanced outrage.

I like Daniel, but I definitely am sick of his inability to get things improved, despite always claiming to have the correct answer in advance and being involved in the political process. What's the point of being involved if you're powerless to change anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

The simple answer seems to be that nobody on the player committee gave them more than a cursory glance.

I like Daniel also, but he admits in a rawvegas.tv video that the structures sat in his box but he never read them, so he now has no right to complain. If he knew how crapshoot-y these events would all be on Day 2, I wonder if he would have booked as much bracelet bet action?

As a side project I've been running numbers on previous WSOP structures; I haven't yet found a Series worse than this year for the limit events.

This does us all a huge disservice since we felt that the players' interested were going to be fairly represented with Daniel, TJ Cloutier, Chris Ferguson, Jennifer Harman, Howard Lederer, Scotty Nguyen, Robert Williamson III, and Maureen & Bob Feduniak all on board.

The last thing poker needs is another cog in the WSOP machine falling asleep at the wheel.

Pollack, Effel, et al: If by some chance you guys still end up with the WSOP next year-- put a real poker numbers guy on the Player's Committe. And pay him.

ps. I'm laying 8-5 that Harrah's won't own or run the WSOP next year. PM if interested.