View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 06:13 AM

Default Should I have laid down my trips?

Hi, I have recently busted out of a short-handed (6 handed) MTT and I think I made a bad play. The field started at 180ish and it was down to about 45. The blinds were 400/800 and I was about 6th in chips with around 30,000. I get to see a free flop from the big blind with Q5 with another 2 or 3 players in the pot I think. Flop comes Qh 10c 8c.

I decide to put out a bet of about half to three quarters of the pot to see where I am. I get one caller (who I have covered in chips by about 8000) and the turn comes Qd. I bet the pot and then he pushes all-in. He hadn't been playing particularly loose from what I had seen and I just sensed that I was behind but I found myself calling, as I thought there was a chance he may be on a flush draw.

Looking back I believe I should have made the lay down as I almost knew I was behind even when I was calling him! Needless to say I got annoyed with myself. I need to start being able to lay down good hands when I am in tourneys and I am slowly learning to do that. Old habits die hard I guess.

Just wondered what you guys think of my play and if you agree it was a bad choice? Many thanks.