View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 05:47 AM

Default NL50 TPTK faces AI push on river.

Villian is 50/12/1.4 over only 57 hands.
I think his line is weird, but do we call his river push?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $58.55
UTG+1: $64.55
CO: $8.15
Button: $47.45
Hero: $98.90
BB: $93.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $14.25</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($33, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($33, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button is all-in $31.2</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $95.4

My line of thought was as follows, his reraise on the flop could mean a lot. Flush draws, sets, an Ace with a lower kicker. I dont attach to much value to his AF over only 50+ hands and being in a blind battle this could well be a total bluff.
So I call his reraise and see what he does on the turn. He checks behind, he could do this with a FH hoping I am on a FD, by checking he gives me a chance to the second best hand and get more value. Or he is still on a FD and takes the freecard.
On the river the flush does not hit, I check and he moves AI for a PSB.
If he thinks I am weak, which is pretty obvious, and he has a monster, why does he bet so much, because he doesn't want a call. If he thinks I am weak and he has a monster he would make a lower bet in the hope I call with something like AsXs.
So his AI on the river made no sense to me and that is why I called. Does it make any sense to you?