View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Few Bellagio hands

Hand 1: It seems like you really want to see a showdown vs. a guy who has been unpredicable, is stuck, and will raise weak holdings. I don't like the raise, but if I raise and he re-pops, I would still see a showdown - you don't have to catch him going off the deep end very often to make this worthwhile (8 BB going to the river, then your raising adventure w/ george means you only need to be good about 1-14, correct?).
I still don't see the value in raising - I'd like to here your thought behind it.

Hand 2: Raising the river seems to have just as much equity as calling. Your turn check means he would lead out here with 2 pair/set/TPTK (maybe)/flush/bluff
If he has a flush, obviously you lose another bet - if he was bluffing or had a weak hand then he wont call another bet anyways.
But he would probably pay you off with pair/set (possible given that the board is high cards). Eh, seems about even EV to me.

Hand 3 - Like the PF raise.

Hand 4 - I'd probably be done with it. It doesn't seem very profitable because he'll probably bet the turn regardless and you're left guessing again (if a spade comes you can get tricky if you want)