View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Plan of attack with Mid Pair in Blind Battle?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm talking about the rest of the hand. Against someone competent, you'll really be pushed pretty close to your pressure points on the turn/river when you've just been checking and calling. Basically, if he has AK, then you'll most frequently make 3 SB if you check and call (the "automatic" bet on the flop and generally one bet big on the turn/river) versus 4-6 SB if you check-raise. Conversely, if he has TT, then you lose 5 SB if you just calldown the whole way versus 7-8 SB if you check-raise the flop and calldown any raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I wrote that I was actually thinking of leading lots of turns. But as I think about it, in practice he may find a fold with AK-AJ and that kind of sucks. I still think check/calling, donking the turn, and balancing it with other hands is best in theory, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think those hands (especially AK) get shown down an awful lot unless some draws get completed on the board that mean he can't beat a semi-bluff. Besides that, there are some hands like KQ that you really wouldn't mind him folding on the turn.