View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Books I\'m reading etc.

Just finished a couple..

Bobos in Paradise: Interesting read about the shift in today's upper class towards what author coins "bourgeois bohemian". Delves into the transformation of upper class into a hybrid lifestyle of rich people who embrace traditionally "hippie" values with their quest for financial gain.

In a Sunburned Country: Just got around to reading this. Really hilarious read about author Bill Bryson just traveling around all different parts of Australia. Really a fun read, but also highly informative, especially if you are thinking about taking a trip there

Devil in the White City: Super popular in the last couple months, so I am sure most of you have heard of it. Fuses together two stories about a serial killer at the World's Fair in Chicago in 1893 set in the backdrop of the city actually trying to pull together all aspects of the fair in a short period of time.

I also went on a quick Vonnegut spree since I felt bad when he died that I hadn't read any of his books. I read Slaughterhouse 5, Cat's Cradle, and Sirens of Titan. I liked them all, if you want to know more about any of them, just ask.