View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Good of just fancy turn raises?

1) I agree with you here that your turn c/r just isn't believable. If button is a decent hand-reader, than he should know that you would never check the flop 4-handed with a made hand (and you shouldn't be - I think you are giving up way too much value if you balance your play like that). If the turn was an overcard (especially if you had AQs and the turn was a K), then I would like the c/r a lot more.

2) I love this check-raise - I really need to do this more often. Even if it ends up being EV neutral on this particular hand, it's great for your meta-game because so often you will be betting the flop with draws or overs and then giving up on the turn. If other players know you are capable of check-raising the turn with a made hand, then you will get more free cards when you want them (I stole this concept straight out of HPFAP). I suppose this play would be better if the Q was on the flop and the turn was an undercard, but I still like it.

3) I like this one too. BB probably doesn't have much of anything here (most players would slowplay a 3, and certainly wouldn't raise out the field with a check-raise). You may have the best hand here, or you may get him to lay down a small PP. If he calls the turn raise (meaning he likely has a Q), you can take a free showdown UI with your showdownable hand.