Thread: Matts diet redo
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Matts diet redo

You should flip-flop a few meals so that you're eating bigger earlier and less later. Outside of fruits and vegetables, I try to take in basically minimal carbs in my last 2 meals of each day. I'm not trying to lose 20 lbs though [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

As an example here's what I ate yesterday:

11:40 - Metabolic Drive Bar, multivitamin, banana, 2 Flameout, peas, pineapple, spoonful natural peanut butter
1:40 - Surge
3:00 - Shake - cottage cheese, scoop Metabolic Drive, blueberries, almond butter, banana
5:15 - Ground beef, cherries, walnuts, salad w/ oil/vinegar, peppers, cauliflower
8:15 - 1 egg, 2 fish oil capsules, hazelnuts, strawberries, chicken breast + olive oil and mixed vegetables
11:30 - 2 flameout, cottage cheese/npb shake.

Jesus, typing that out was a chore. So I'm not really cutting, but its more of a guide of what I've been doing, while varying the amounts of food I eat. The unofficial "rules" I go by are:

-Very big breakfast, though generally have to eat again within 2-3 hours before I feel truly satiated.
-Fat/protein mix before bed always, no fruit before bed.
-Have a protein shake post workout, or whatever you have, but then eat a really big meal an hour or so later. I keep a virtually 99%+ clean kitchen so I pretty much grab whatever I see during that period.

So for you, I'd eliminate noodles/potatoes at night and move that up if you're going to have it at all. Get in more calories for breakfast and make the peanut snack a real meal with some eggs or cottage cheese.

GL.