View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Few Bellagio hands

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
re: Preflop in Hand 3 -- I guess I feel that calling preflop just gives her too much control. I think being able to represent the big overpair/TPTK hands as part of your range keeps her more in line after the flop and tends to cut against her positional advantage. On that Q54 flop for example if you check-raise then she's still never ever folding a better hand but she can play back at you more liberally knowing that hands like AQ and KK are not likely to be part of your range.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but you don't mind her playing back at you, as you are almost never folding. let her barrell away. plus, i don't really want to bloat the pot oop here. i'd much rather take a look at the flop and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm in the camp that says Teri/Terri/Terry plays pretty damn well in position by that I mean she'll manage her bet/check frequencies fairly optimally. This is especially damaging with something like 88 because when ahead it's generally vulnerable to at least six outs, making free cards more costly (as opposed to something like AJ, which has about the same strength in the abstract but which may give her dominated outs, and which is more likely to benefit from free cards and cheap showdowns itself). I'd rather "just see a flop" with 88 against someone like sweeta from the old PartyPoker games who was relentlessly aggressive and more inclined to bluff off chips with a worse hand.