View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 10:54 PM

Default Re: I\'m thinking of instituting a new tipping policy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe in the bigger picture that what goes around, comes around. You reap what you sow.
$1 tip should always be appreciated, but is pretty far from earth shattering. The day I start stiffing dealers for a buck on principle is the day I'd need a good smack. BTW - I tip blind steals $1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find many a dealer who show no appreciation(and disgust) if they recieve only a $1 tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i was at a club in dallas once where one of the owners of the room would deal on occasion, and he'd act all pissy about small tips, and if you forgot to tip he would say something or slam a chip on the box.

Fwiw, my tipping policy is usually $1 hand, and I dont tip blind steals. If a dealer and I develop a repoire <sp>, I'll tip between $2 and $5 depending on the size of the pot, but those dealers are few and far between.

It takes a total dick for me to stiff someone. But I will if the dealer is either rude, or cant deal worth a [censored]. I used to tip $5 a hand in a 15-30 game I played in, and one time tipped a dealer $300 in one hand. Then I realized that what I had paid in tip/rake, and it made me think twice. The fact that most dealers I know make upwards of $40/hr makes me feel fine tipping $1/hand.