View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: me vs dealer at wynn

Let me be clear that I think the dealer was in the wrong. As a dealer, I would never do this. I also suspect the OP radiates some douche-ish qualities, and think there may be different takes on what happened if you ask others at the table. But whatever, dealer was wrong, no question.

That said...

[ QUOTE ]
Think it has more to do w/ your blind adherence to a rule that should have no applicability in this situation

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with tourney guy that it's up to you to protect your hand. That's not a "rule" that's common sense. I can cross the street at a properly designated sidewalk all I want, but good luck screaming that the cars were supposed to stop if I'm the one that didn't look both ways first. I'm in the right, but I'm still up sh't creek.

What was that Lebowski line again...? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

At the end of the day, regardless of "right" or "wrong" or "big huge fuzzy gray area", you can only control your own actions. The better you are about protecting your hand, the fewer of these problems you'll have, the more hands you'll have to play, the less pissy you'll be. +EV all around.

But as I've said, don't worry, we won't have dealers soon enough, you can go about pressing touch-screens all day long.