View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: What to do with this AA against a big turn bet?

[ QUOTE ]
Larude, I see no reason to check this flop. I raised before the flop and I have every reason to believe I have the best hand on the flop.

It's when he calls me on a relatively drawless board that red flags need to go up a bit.

I suppose checking the turn might be a reasonable play, but I don't want to open the door for him to make a big bluff that is goign to knock me off the winning hand. I want to still show that I'm strong, so that if he then raises me, I know (or at least, I think I know) that he is very strong.

In short, I feel like my flop and turn bets were correct. I just want to know what my response should be to his turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed you have every reason to believe you have the best hand. But if you fear a bluff as you say so that means that it is even more likely that it is better to check first. With only one pair it is almost mandatory to check somewhere down the road if called on a rainbowboard. If you are strong as your aces are you could also pretend to be weak to get people betting into you + if you are behind you are not losing so much. I rather begin checking the flop, if you bet and he calls you either have to slowdown by betting less(which opens the door for a bluff), or you have to check the turn, which also vains or indicates weakness and they may bet big... If you bet and he folds you gained nothing, you have to take some risk and give him freecards in other to ship te money in. I really like my line here with AA OOP.