View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: \"How was everything tonight??\"

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this was just a brand-new franchise with an overzealous new owner/manager, but it looks like it's a corporate thing. Wow

[/ QUOTE ]

The O'Charley's in question in the OP is about 2 months old, and they don't get very good business. So the training is still fresh in their minds, they probably still have some sort of head regional manager on the lookout there to make sure it's running smoothly, and they get so few customers that they cherish each one. Give it a few months, and it'll be like every other O'Charley's: they won't give a sh!t if you like their food, service, dead roaches on the floor, etc.

O'Charley's is far and away my favorite restaurant and has been since I was ~12 (10 years ago), and this is definitely abnormal behavior. If you want your usual crappy dining experience, try any of the other ones around and about Memphis. But for me, all the extra questions and caring = nice, not annoying, in a typical American chain restaurant. I made a strange request for a Chicken Tender Salad there a few weeks ago, and when it came out wrong the Manager looked like he was going to cry. He really took it to heart.

Maybe it's because I dress like a 22-year-old frat boy who stiffs waiters (I don't), but I never get asked at any restaurant if I enjoyed my meal. Screw you old-timers, Patrick and Bob.

Brian

P.S. Bob, I live like 5 minutes from that O'Charleys, holla next time you're out here.