Thread: 2008 Seahawks
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Re: 2008 Seahawks

I'll concede that not franchising Hutch was a bonehead move by Ruskell, but he is a guard and Minnesota overpaid him. And seeing how pathetic the Viqueens offense performed last year, it's hard to say how much of a factor he was.

Alexander will be fine. After he came back from the injury, he jacked up Green Bay for +200 yds. He is approaching 30 very soon, but he didnt start his first few years in the league and his running style usually has him avoiding big hits (the antithesis of guys like Earl Cambell and Jamal Lewis).

Matt Hasselbeck will be back to his All-pro form that he showed in 2005. Last year he was injured and played with a torn labrum. He's gutsy, very smart, and knows Holmgren's WCO like the palm of his hand.

They lost Darrell Jackson to SF, but he's always hurt. Look for him to play no more than 10 or 11 games at the most. (in fact he's STILL hurt and not even close to 100%). Deion Branch will pick up the slack and then some. Last year he didnt know the system very well and was thinking, not playing. Plus he will be more in sync with Hasselbeck.

The only negative is they lost Jeremy Stevens. Even though he's a drunk and a sissy, he could really stretch the middle of the defense where linebackers have an almost impossible task of covering him.

On the defensive side, they shored up their defensive secondary problems by signing safeties, Grant and Russell. Seahawk fans should rejoice now that Boulware isn't starting anymore. He was clueless out there!! And don't forget they have Mike Green, who is coming back from a foot injury.

Addition by subtraction: Winstrom was cut loose. The guy played hard, but couldn't get to the QB enough to warrant the money he was making. Now they have Kearney and should be a big upgrade over Winstrom.

The most critical thing for the Hawks Defense is if Marcus Tubbs knee holds up. If it does, they have a chance to crack the top 10, if not then who knows what will happen, lol

As far as improvement by other teams in the division goes, I say I'll believe it when I see it. The Cardinals were 6-10 in 04, 5-11 in 05, and 5-11 in 06. If that's improvement, I'd hate to see what regression would look like!

The 49ers might be a team on the rise, but the only player that I see that's rock solid on offense is Frank Gore. Alex Smith and the rest of the bunch haven't done anything to impress me.

The only team that is capable of challenging the Seahawks are the Rams. They have a decent QB who, given time, can shred defenses, one of the best WR's in the game in Tory Holt, and the beast, Steven Jackson. If their defense can play well, they can beat anybody.

Only 71 days till opening day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]