View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Celebrity real estate

I caught a rerun of this show on VH1 yesterday. It is the only episode of the series I'd seen before and is probably a year or two old. This episode featured AJ Popoff and Illeana Douglas, both who were looking at houses in the 6-8 million range. I'm kinda in disbelief as I watch this. I recognize Popoff as thr lead singer of Lit, a band who had a mildly successful album back in the late 90s. I dont remember them having another album, although I'm sure they did and it just wasnt very popular. But how does this guy have that kind of coin? They couldnt have made THAT much and what they did wouldve been spilt 4 ways.

I recognized Douglas from Six Feet Under, where she appeared in 2 episodes as the woman the fishers hired to replace Rico. I've never seen her in anything else, but she can afford an 8mm house in Hollywood? Her IMDB showed she has been in a good number of things, but nothing she'd get paid too much for.

How do these people afford such houses? Will the banks loan them as much as they want because they made a bundle on some project at one point in their lives?