Thread: Overpair live
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Overpair live

Venetian 5/10

effective stacks $1500

Huge fish openlimps, decent/mediocre dude limps after, I raise to $60 with KK in the CO, tightish older guy calls from the blinds, fish calls, other guy folds.

Fish is playing tons of hands, generally pretty passive and very straightforward, and will payoff too much. The money seems to mean nothing at all to him. He sat with a big stack of bills ($10k?) which has been dwindling. He got $4k in with the nuts and lost and it didn't seem to affect him at all.

I don't have a great read on the other guy although there was one sorta bizarre hand where someone straddled to $20, fish called, and this guy raised to $55 total from the sb with K9o. I haven't seen him do anything else weird like that. I think he reraised me preflop once, and it was a normal reraise and not some dinky minraise crap (I folded). So we'll label him a TAG, although not a 2p2 TAG.

I've been playing tight and fairly aggressive. I've been playing very ABC for the most part because bluffing most of these guys is hopeless. There has been at least one time that these players have seen where I raised preflop and check/folded the flop (against three callers). They may have seen me do that more than once but it's hard for me to keep track of when they joined the table in relation to all the random/boring hands I've played.

So anyway, flop is J94 rainbow and they check to me and I bet $120. Old TAG raises to $240 pretty quickly. Fish calls pretty quick. I think about it a bit and call.

Turn is a rainbow Q and Old TAG grabs a couple stacks of chips ($400) and moves them around a bit but then ends up betting only $250. Fish thinks about it for a while and then reluctantly calls. I'm almost certain that he doesn't have better than a weak jack.

Action on me. Pot size is like $1420 and I have $1260 left, they cover.

The size of the turn bet threw me off here and I'm confused at what he has. Can I call here and fold river to a big bet? Should I raise here to protect my hand?