View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: 100/200 150bb deep - play along

turn bet. River bet/fold to a raise is very good. You've shown such mass strength/complete bluff by the river that he isn't raising you unless he has a better hand. And you get called by lots of weaker hands because the flush draw missed.

c/r seems a little audacious to me. I mean it certainly isnt value (he checks behind with any weaker hand), so it must be a bluff. However, the line stinks of a busted flush draw and I think aba looks you up with any hand he value bets on the river.

c/c is ok, a bluffcatcher line. Might be good if aba makes bluffs in obvious spots (but I dont think he does that often). Is good against the random donk that likes to make dumb bluffs though.

c/f: perhaps a little too weak-tight, espically against aba in this situation. Plus you have to wonder that a lot aba's stronger hands would have simply raised the turn or bet the flop.

Major problem with checking remains that aba's weaker hands check behind and you miss value. Yes he bluffs bet, but I dont think he bets here often.