View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: How many adults...

I think this is the key for me:

[ QUOTE ]
Let's assume they were given a crash course in Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by crash course? Anyone with serious training in most any martial art will take me apart before I could get my hands out of my pockets. If you're talking like 8 hours training they'd be so busy thinking their forehead will be on my knee before they can assume their first stance.

Unarmed, I think I'm an underdog 1-on-1 against anyone with real martial arts training or any real fighting/bouncing/boxing/wrestling experience. If the opponents are untrained and unexperienced I think I'd hold my own against 2 average adults. Three would probably be able to get the jump on me.

A knife has no stopping power. A mace might be slow against multiple opponents. I think the best choices are baton or sword. If we're all similarly armed I'd be over matched with more than 1. If I were the only one armed I might, maybe, would be able to take 3, but would only feel confident at 2 still.

If I had a partner, I've known some good martial artists in my time. With one of them along with me I think we could together take 6 or so average untrained adults.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]