View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 11:46 AM

Default How do you keep playing A game when runnig like complete sh*t?

I made a post a few days ago on micro/stakes where I complained about not being able to beat NL50 after beating NL100 for a decent amount but cashing out most of my roll due to other problems.

Anyway, after a few days of self-analysis I am pretty sure there is nothing fundamentally wrong with my poker ability. Im light years ahead of most at the tables im playing at but im simply running like complete and utter crap. Flopping top set and losing to runner runner straight crap....

This, however, isn't the problem in itself. No matter how bad I run im pretty confident I can beat these games running this bad if im still playing my A game. The only problem is that after AQ beats AK a/i pf for yet another -1 buy-in, I will sometimes make one retarded call and that leads to me becoming worse and worse... Not full blown monkey tilt but enough to make my edge in the game negligible.

So what I'm asking is how do I train my mind to play as good as I can all the time? (Or as close as possible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Thanks,

Matt